[at-l] Vetern's Day

This is very similar to the philosophy offered by Charles Lindberg and
others in "America First." These were Nazi sympathizers and battled efforts
for war preparations. One doesn't need to seek a Royal Family in order to
recognize shared national interests. We are the last remaining superpower,
and as such have our "ass" exposed every part of the world. We no longer
have the luxury of pretending we can "go it alone," although you certainly
have the right to maintain such a fantasy.

The original point was that our northern neighbors have been quite helpful
and active in carrying out more than their fair share of the world's
burdens in prior wars. They seem to have a longer memory and gratitude for
those who served and gave their all. I hope our country can hold Veteran's
Day as something more than an excuse to sell shirts.

OrangeBug