[at-l] Vetern's Day

You observe correctly. I am always surprised how well every town and
church maintains the memory of those who fought in WWI and WWII in
Canada, while often such memorials are hidden away state-side. I
haven't seen an Armistice Day poppy since I was about 12. I think small
town America is a bit different.

Much of that has to do with the fact that Canadians joined the battle
much quicker than us Yanks. They answered the call of their King, while
we awaited either and excuse or an attack. 9/11 is among other
Post-WWII event that let us know that we no longer have that privilege.
The world expects much of those who are given much bounty.

Bill...