[at-l] Ogres and Trolls and LOTR - was [AT-L And The AT]

Red wrote:
>In a message dated 9/5/01 11:00:00 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
>spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:
>

>>Oops -  slipped into Ogre mode there, didn't I.
>>
>This will happen more often, the closer the release of "The Fellowship of
>the
>Ring" gets to national release ;-)  Although I think in Middle Earth they
>are Trolls . . .
>
><g>

Gotta keep the natural history straight Red - Trolls are Trolls (related to
rocks) and Ogres are Ogres (related to Dragons) and never the twain shall
meet ---- except when Trolls give reason to be hunted  :-)

Tolkien missed the role of Ogres because they came out of the East. They
were the "Second Front" against Mordor but never made it into the book :-)

If I can find it, I'll send you a copy so you'll understand.

We read LOTR on the CDT (for the ??th time - we don't bother counting). It
was appropriate.  And you may be right aboout the future slips.

Walk softly,
Jim