[at-l] LOTR The Movie: The bad news.....

I reluctantly share the following, in light of the ongoing discussion of
the much-anticipated film:
I was horrified to see a most disturbing photo/still from the movie as
advertisement in Newsweek recently. The photo was of some (perhaps) elvish
dude taking aim into the viewer's eye with an arrow poised on a drawn bow.

The bad news:
The bow was drawn back via the arrow being pinched between thumb and
forefinger, rather than the laying of the bowstring into the first joint
of the forefinger and middle fingers (and thus balancing the arrow's notch
onto the bowstring). This is lesson one in archery -- pretty disappointing
to realize that, in a movie centered around a martial chase/epic task, the
"martial" end of things is already hung out to dry....

Similarly, the second piece of bad news I noticed: the (full) quiver of
arrows is hung over the archer's left shoulder. As a right-handed archer,
he's holding out the bow with his left arm, leaving his right arm free to
load, draw, aim and release the bowstring and arrow. And *then* his right
arm is free to pull another arrow from the quiver. EXCEPT that the poor
lout has to reach across his chest (or back) to have his right hand at the
supply of arrows. Too much trouble: in a massed orc attack, this miss-hung
quiver's going to cost this dude time. The dude's toast, and Middle Earth
loses another of the People of Light.

I am like SO depressed.
Sloetoe
(Back to work, you!)

OK, well, before you go:
The good news:
We're on the internet, people. As such, I did a little search action and
assembled a couple of, you know, addresses of those who should hear of
such things. This little problem is probably being corrected as you read
this. Gotta love the net.
And "Sure, Mister! I'll buy that bridge!"

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!