[at-l] at-l Lightening Strikes

Hi

Well, this brought back a sharp memory.

Only did a section this spring, but was caught on a ridge near Roan
Mountain with my stepson this June. There were some close strikes and
we could smell the ozone. Pretty intense. Scary.

We did get low and stowed our aluminum hiking poles a ways away, but
after having done all we could, we just stood there - resigned
ourtselves to the fact that it wasn't our call anymore. Oh well, let
fate decide now...

At least it would be quick, right? Wouldn't we all like to go out in a
blaze of light! (As opposed to a slow, cancerous death, say...) Go out
with yer boots on, I say!

Not to be too flip, but some point, in just setting foot in the
backcountry, we all make that choice, consciously or not.
Best,
Jan in NC

--
    Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.