[at-l] ATC ad policy

Where have signs been a substantial problem along the
Trail? Well, except the hundreds of formally approved,
wanton ugly shiny reflective aluminum signs put up
every 500' along the Appalachian Trail in Shenandoah
National Park...put up by some of the very people
trying to control signage via policy decisions! -- Ha!
These are the people involved with policy decisions
about signage along the Trail?? Save us.

Where was the ATC when all of that ugliness was
erected?

I know, I know, I can hear it now. "We don't have any
control over those decisions in Shenandoah...".

I think it's so ridiculous for the ATC to now come out
with some kind of policy enforcement about signs when
the most blatant sign ugliness is already erected by
the controllers and policy makers themselves.

If the ATC leadership wants to get into the sign
policy business, it should start with lobbying the
responsible parties to take down those horrendous,
hideous trail signs in Shenandoah.

In the meantime, trying to prevent Joe Blough from
nailing up a 2x2 wooden sign on at tree out in the
middle of nowhere is a waste of precious ATC
resources.

The policy is unenforceable and just makes for bad
neighbor relations.

Datto