Re[2]: [at-l] Quit-smoking hike in Georgia

Good points. The most effective means of smoking cessation is still
cold turkey, without pharmacological interventions. I usually only
prescribe Zyban and such in folks with multiple failures.

Regarding insurance payments for Wellbutrin v. Zyban. I get calls from
certain insurers to assure that Wellbutrin is given for depression and
not for tobacco addiction. Patients cannot win on this. If you smoke,
you are rated less healthy and have problems getting insurance. If you
are depressed, you are rated even less healthy and get problems with
even more than jobs (at least, we hope, until privacy rules are
enforced).

Bill...