Re[2]: [at-l] Quit-smoking hike in Georgia

--- kahley <kahley7@ptd.net> wrote:
> At 05:10 PM 8/5/01 -0700, Orange Bug wrote:
> >  Someone reply and let me know to allow me to wax
> eloquently
> >again, just in case.
>
> Yes please.....wax away.  In fact anyone who has
> quit ....lay it on
> us.  I'm not the only one here who really needs to
> quit and can't
> go on the cessation hike.  What did ya'll do to
> quit?  Tips?
> Strategies?  What didn't work?
> Led us away from the path of temptation <g>.

> multipart/mixed
> ---

Well, one way to motivate oneself wouldbe to imagine
that your body is a beautiful river that gently bouys
your soul along in its' voyage through the landscape
of life: you wouldn't want someone to dump a bunch of
tar, nicotine and CO into a river that you swim in,
right?
Or, one might contact a hospice and volunteer to be a
part-time caregiver:
probably sooner than later you will get to meet
someone who has terminal lung cancer.
As with hiking along a bluff in the fog, it helps to
know where the edge is so that
you don't take a fatal mis-step.

=====
ATRerunner