Re[2]: [at-l] Quit-smoking hike in Georgia

My daughter recently quit smoking using Zyban.  So far
so good, but her doctor warned that sometimes it takes
three attempts before complete success once she stops
taking the drug.  Also the side effects of Zyban
during the adjustment period are enough that a good
many stop taking the drug before it has beneficial
effects.  Sleeplessness and 'the shakes' were the
number one complaints I heard.  She literally shook on
this drug for the first three weeks.  She also
suffered anorexia while taking the drug, she lost over
20lbs in two weeks.  She dropped from a size 6 to a
size 3, so this was not a good thing.  Our insurance
covered the cost, but her boyfriend quit at the same
time and his insurance did not cover the cost of the
perscription.  It took a healthy bite out of his
paycheck.  Insurance would only cover a three month
supply for smoking.  If it is perscribed for
depression, the supply is unlimited.
Good news is that it has been over three months and
they are both smoke free.