[at-l] Father Cited For Feeding Bear

At 03:05 PM 7/13/01 -0500, Jack wrote:

> > > I dunno...a couple years ago there was a case of a kid getting mauled
> > > because his father
> > > spread honey on him to get a picture of the bear licking the
>kid.....sheeesh.
> > >

>Urban Legend, perhaps?  ;)

possibly...pushing the limits of memory, but i seem to remember it was
something that
I saw, as on TV, rather than read.  Pin me down and I'd say it was a Ranger
....maybe
from Yellowstone or Yosemite,...talking about stupid people tricks
involving bears.
There was no video of the incident, just the ranger standing along the
highway as the
tourons gawked at the bears in the background.  I could be waaaay off
here.  Guess
I'll have to wait for Discovery Channel Bear Week to see if it shows up again.