[at-l] Father Cited For Feeding Bear

kahley7@ptd.net

>At 03:05 PM 7/13/01 -0500, Jack wrote:
>

>>I dunno...a couple years ago there was a case of a kid getting mauled
>>because his father spread honey on him to get a picture of the bear
>>licking the kid.....sheeesh.
>>

>>Urban Legend, perhaps?  ;)
>
>possibly...pushing the limits of memory, but i seem to remember it was
>something that
>I saw, as on TV, rather than read.  Pin me down and I'd say it was a Ranger
>....maybe
>from Yellowstone or Yosemite,...talking about stupid people tricks
>involving bears.
>There was no video of the incident, just the ranger standing along the
>highway as the
>tourons gawked at the bears in the background.  I could be waaaay off
>here.  Guess
>I'll have to wait for Discovery Channel Bear Week to see if it shows up
>again.

Kahley -
Not urban legend - that comes out of the bear incident reports at
Yellowstone.  It ranks with some of the other stupid stunts people have
pulled because they don't have a clue about what "wild" means.  Like the
woman who wanted a picture of her kid riding a buffalo.

Walk softly - and leave the honey at home,
Jim