oops to the scouts: was Re: [at-l] And now, a scenic break....

--- Charles Copeland <charles@uswnet.com> wrote:

> I hike a lot with my Scouts and I know they irritate some hikers because
> they are so $&%*@#! noisy.  Sorry about that.  I've taken them on the
> Benton-Mackaye - partly to keep them from annoying the AT hikers and
> partly because its also a beautiful trail.

### For the record, my comments were made to be completely facetious,
*especially* regarding the muzzling of Boy Scouts. For the record, in the
past 2-3 years, in encountering a hiking BS troop, I have been impressed
with the orginization, demeanor, discipline and good humor from the Scouts
I've passed or been camped near. I know I've heard others on this list
opine/observe similarly, and I wonder if it might not be time to retire
the image we have of boy-powered hurricanes traveling the woods.

Toe'deo-dough.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!