[at-l] And now, a scenic break....

How long before the Benton-Mackaye Trail reaches the AT in Tennessee?  Now
*thats* a solitary trail and would be a nice alternate to the AT (at least
until it becomes crowded too).

I hike a lot with my Scouts and I know they irritate some hikers because
they are so $&%*@#! noisy.  Sorry about that.  I've taken them on the
Benton-Mackaye - partly to keep them from annoying the AT hikers and partly
because its also a beautiful trail.

Has anyone been around when the Rangers do their exercises around Springer.
Talk about noisy! (but really, really cool).

:-)

Charles