[at-l] Gear List

> >that [Dana K2 shortbed] is a very very heavy pack but sure is comfrotable
>
> I know ... I'm thinking about keeping the frame and putting something
lighter on the frame. I sweat a lot. I like feeling a breeze now and again
on my back. Sometimes hike sans shirt.

IF I REMEBER CORRETLY!

that frame is a beefy steel frame ment to take a tree strike.  it is most
likely the heaviest part of the pack.  IF THIS IS TRUE kelty uses a
nicer(for weigh reasons) alluminum frame. sure it is weaker and all but
lighter too.  you knwo who else has nice lookgin frame packs but i have
never seen or heard any reviews, jansport. they make nice externals..
anyone of you few and proud external users out there want to rate a jansport
external pack for david?

kelty trekker is prolly in your size range for storage space. why do i keep
harping on kelty i foudn there customer service really nice...

try this link or www.kelty.com is it does not work.

http://www.kelty.com/products/packs.cfm?pname=Trekker%204300&section=Packs&p
type=EXTERNAL%20FRAME

it is a 4300 cubic in pack

68.8 oz is the 1 pound per 1000cubic inches people talk about being the
pivitale point for a light pack this pack weighs 90 oz!!! BUT it is an
external and you are supposed to store stuff outside too so it is prolly
considered a 5000 to 6000 cubic pack for an internal refrence size... to
meat the 1 to 1000 ratio you woudl need to consider this pack to be a 5625
cubic inch pack. hopefully you can follow all this crazy stuff

and so anyway it is 10 am there are two trains approching chicago train A is
goign 100 mph to the north and is only 100 km away Train B  is going 400km
and is a whooping 400 miles away to the south the trains will cross at some
point in time because neither need to  stop in chichago.  if they can
mantain their speed where will they cross and at what time will it be when
they are only 3E-48 lightyears from each other. (dont ask me for the answer
i jsut make them up i woudl make an evil math teacher)

hahaha

wisperlight