[at-l] Technology on the trail WAS Re: Sharp TM 20s

-----Original Message-----
From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Jim and/or Ginny
Owen
>>So --- having said all that - how many of you understand that, as someone
>>said back there (was it R&R ?) - there's a difference between a PDA and a

Hey..your preaching to the choir. :-)  It is my choice to not take the
electronic gadgets..but I do not begrudge anyone their choice. Live and let
live...

>>I don't figure it's any of my business.  What I just said is - hike your
own
>>hike, but respect others along the way - and then you won't have to deal

I've always liked the phrase "your right to do what you want ends where my
nose begins". Works for me.  Again, saying please and thankyou seems to go a
long way to making everything go smoothly, too.

Long andshort of it? Enjoy your hike. Be it on the AT,PCT,CDT or your local
park.

For those who are contemplating a long hike, I can assure you that ther are
not hordes of people out there looking to cite people with cell phones. :-)
Most hikers are too tired and hungry to really care if someone is calling
Aunt Matilda. Now if someone tried taking my Snickers...

Mags

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
--Thoreau

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!