[at-l] Fwd: Apology to People's Republic of China

In a message dated 4/17/01 2:48:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
app-trail@excite.com writes:

<< This could be described as an accident?  NO.  I encourage you to review the
 video of the January incident where I believe the *same* pilot, Wong Wei (no
 pun intended), made contact with the EP-3.  Wildbill referred to the Real
 Audio link in an earlier e-mail, same topic as above.  The footage was
 incredible.  The guy was an idiot, bumping the plane and then getting out of
 shape less than twenty feet away from the craft because he was flying his
 jet too slow, flaps down, trying to maintain speed with the prop.  Our
 military makes mistakes, certainly, and they're always well publicized.  I'm
 proud to live in a country where I can read about them.

     *** All the news that is fit to print that is. OK. Maybe you are right.
I just have a problem with any person on either side that just trumpets the
obedient information he is encouraged towards. I'm not saying it is true, but
the Navy could fly at a rate that they knew was difficult for the Mig to stay
with. You really have to use your brain when you offer sheepish sloganeering.
To pretend that the Chinese would not defend their airspace against spying is
hypocrisy about what we would do in the same situation. The delicate details
of how undermine this point. Yes, China is a rogue state, but not rogue
enough for us not to try and get our stakes in. To which umbrage do you
prefer to refer? Let's not use their tactics too.

    I bet you cheered Tom Cruise when he did the same and gave the Russian
pilot the "finger" in 'Top Gun'? It's silly, but don't try to BS me, it's
hypocrisy. Don't get caught up in mindless military rallying, people tend to
get hurt.

<<Regarding the "trick being worked on us" of individual freedom and
 individual accountability under the law, I guess I'm just tricked.  For
 those bleating for socialized medicine, there's no constitutional right to
 health insurance.  We don't live under a democracy, or mob rule.  We live in
 a constitutional republic.

     Yes, I agree that the constitution has too many moral hooks to get
caught on so it has been streamlined and curtailed in latter society.
Obfuscation and complications of definition to leave us all splitting hairs
and pondering while rates skyrocket and the elite redefine America into
something less than it was. The rich pulling away and ditching the poor.
Insurance companies making billions by cutting people who pay rising premiums
and are told by politicians that they are concerned about giving every
American coverage while nations we embargo manage to cover their citizens and
the world's policeman leaves its own out in the frost. Then persons who
criticize this are told they are not responding to the American "theme" by
brainwashed shills...

    I'm glad you are comfortable with your effete definitions while all this
is going on...

       Fly straight and right troop and you will be rewarded.