[at-l] Trip reports

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed reading
all the trip reports this morning (while I'm
pretending to work--ha!). It looks like quite a few
listers were on the trail this weekend. I missed the
Georgia party and the Erwin party, but I had a pretty
good Easter on the trail, too. :)

I hiked from Max Patch to Hot Springs this weekend,
and had a blast. I was with a small group from the
Louisiana Hiking Club that included Belcher and Mudbug
(the other two Y2K thru-hikers from Louisiana). It was
so nice to be back on the trail. I had hiked the same
section in a single day back in November, so it was
good to take my time and see all the wildflowers (it
sure looks different when the trail isn't covered with
snow!).

I met lots of thru-hikers, though I can't remember all
the names now--Storyteller, Moose, and Zack were three
that I really enjoyed meeting. And then we met Tea
Tree and Sneetch at Elmer's, and Noggin, Redneck, and
Double Time on Max Patch.

We were hiking with "Louisiana Bear," a Louisiana
(duh!) friend of ours who is hiking northbound this
year. He was worn out after hiking from Springer to
Hot Springs with no zero days, so he's taking a
much-needed rest in Hot Springs and will probably be
back on the trail tomorrow.

It was a good weekend. It's hard to believe, as I sit
here in my cubicle, that I was hiking in a
thunderstorm (and enjoying it!) just two days ago.
Can't wait to go back!

Waterfall
ME-GA 2000

=====