[at-l] Sort of 'off topic' but with an AT question

At 08:03 PM 4/4/01 -0700, Orange Bug wrote:
>The Rangers do more than "play" war games.

My use of the word play with accents was not to imply a lack of seriousness
on the part of the Rangers. As a former Army type I'm well aware of what
they do and the rigor of their training. It was because my awareness that I
accented the word. We used to refer to 'playing' war games when I was in
the Army but it was very 'serious' play. I've crawled on my belly under
machine gun fire, scooted on my back under double apron barbed wire, all
that happy stuff and I was Signal Corps, a relatively wimpy bunch compared
to the Rangers.

Saunterer

Saunterer