[at-l] Sort of 'off topic' but with an AT question

The Rangers do more than "play" war games. Camp Frank Merrill is a
major Ranger training base just down Cooper Gap Road from the AT. You
are skirting their area all along Sasafras Mt between Horsepen Gap and
Cooper Gap. And they do a bunch of training in the area, including
Yonah Mt. climbing and such. They are very good neighbors, including a
trail race around Memorial Day (I think it is a half marathon) that
they support and promote, well after the hiking season has passed.

I really don't expect them to start retreating from their mission of
special efforts for stealth and focused action. I suspect the only
booming to be heard around the AT will remain the morning noises of
constipated new hikers.

Bill...