[at-l] alcohol stoves

I have become a big fan of alcohol stoves. Their simplicity, weight savings, and their silence, all fit in with my K.I.S.S philosophy of backpacking.

I am able to bring two cups of water to boil in less than 10 minutes on less than one ounce of alcohol. Let me put it to you this way, I did the Long Trail again last summer. One-20 oz bottle of denatured alcohol lasted the entire trip.  Granted, I only heat one hot meal a day (and water for my tea or cocoa), but I find the stove to be  very efficient for my needs.

Have used it in temps as low as the low 30's/high 20's (it was snowing out!), and at high as an altitude of 12000'.

The stove was originally a tuna can model, but I now use the cut off bottom of a Mountain Dew can..so it weighs even less.

But as they say YMMV.