Re: [at-l] Dehydration Questions for 'The Doc-In-The-House'

In a message dated 5/1/00 10:56:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:

> 5) FYI, hit GBuff's 800WeSweat.com site for his rehydration/energy drink for
>  ultramarathoners -- his ingredients are listed. .  .  .  If I'm truly
>  concerned, I'm either downing Succeed! Caps or Gary Buffington's Conquest!

I spent hours with Dr. Gary Buffington at last year's Trail Days and he felt
that there is way too much consumption of electrolyte replacement drinks by
casual athletes in our society.  And that water is the perfect means of
rehydration for all but the elite athlete running marathons, triathlons,
ultramarathons, etc.  He developed CONQUEST specifically for their needs.
I'm taking his advice and sticking to water.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

"The true profession of a man is to find his way to himself."  Still looking,
but I'm not finding any blazes.  :)