Re: [at-l] Georgia On My Mind

I had written Scott off list just about this. It is amazing how BBQ helps
define and localize us Southerners. We know that if you think BBQ is beef,
then you must be from west of the Mississippi, and little can be done to
help. At least they aren't as hopeless and Yankees.

Lexington and Shelby are my favorite sources for red cole slaw, and the
hushpuppies just are as perfect as they get in Lexington. They remind me of
Red Bridges' BBQ before the fire, that source of pork perfection long gone
(although there has been a pretender rebuilt since 1962).

Ocassionally we meet a NC refuge in Atlanta with a good pig rub and smoker.
I just haven't found an ultralite version that would work on the trail.

I'd like to know if anyone has looked into a cornbread or cornpone recipe
that would work in hiking food.  I carry corn tortillas occasionally, but
that is not quite what I crave. I've considered Jiffy mix with powdered
eggs and milk, but have held back from trying it.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA