Re: [at-l] Computers and courtesy

At 10:05 AM 3/10/00 -0800, you wrote:

>     This post will probably piss some folks off, because of its content,
> tone, and wording.

I've picked up a heck pf a bug and seem to be sleeping about 20 hrs a day sp
I hope this makes sense.  And of course I'm not a thru hiker so I am clueless.

Persom A wants to hike without seeing technology
Person B wants to keep his palm journal without having to slink off
into the woods to do so.

Person A wants to use her whispernot to cook her meal.
Person B wants to eat her meal without hearing or smelling Person A stove.

Why do the As get their way and the Bs don't.  All desires seem equally valid
to me. Is it the power of numbers which sorta means might equals right ?

Why isn;t person A's technophobia considered an imposition on person B's hike?

Person B is expected to limit his peaceful enjoyment of an important facet of
his hike (keeping his journal in a manner he finds convenient) so that
Person A
doesn't have to see a Palm Pilot......sheesh.  Who's hike is intruding on
who's here?

Ok.....fair warning to all you white gas stove users.  They reek of petrol
and make
an unwoodsy sound.  They remind me of the real world.  Please use them
in the same manner and with the same discretion you would use if using a
palm.
Is that OK with you Jack?