[at-l] A.T. Hike/Run

Three of my friends and I hiked/ran from the James River on the A.T. over
Little and Big Rocky Row Run, Bluff Mtn., Lynchburg Resivor, to Long Mtn
Wayside and back on roads to the start.

Boy, was it a spectacular day!!!!!   At first it was very snowy and foggy
and you could not see very far.  Later it cleared and it was a winter
wonderland.  There was about 2 to 3 inches of  snow on the ground.   The
temperature was great and we had the trail and roads to ourselves.  I
wish everyone could have seen what we did yesterday.  I felt fortunate to
be out there.

We are training for the Mt. Mitchell Challenge 40 mile run On Feb. 19.
Has anyone been up to the top of Mt. Mitchell lately and know the
condition of the trail from Black Mtn. to the summit?????????

Myself and several others are planning on doing the A.T. in the Smokies
the first weekend of March.  How bad is the snow on the trail in the
Smokies??

What is the best way to drive to Fontanna Dam from Lynchburg, VA.???

Thanks for all of your help.

Even though I am not a hiker, I enjoy reading much of the stories about
hiking on the A.T.
I feel a very close kinship with you.

In Christ
David Horton