Re: [at-l] The Whites

>>Where do the Whites start, and where do they end? <<

That is debatable. From the perspective of the AT hiker, I would say that
topographically, the Whites start at Glencliff, NH with Moosilauke, and go
north to the trail crossing of route 2 by Gorham, NH (the northern terminus
of the Carter Range). I have found that most in the trail community
generally look at it that way. As far as agency/organization jurisdictions,
the White Mountain National Forest extends somewhat south of Glencliff, and
the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) section continues north from route 2
into Maine and up to Grafton Notch. However, I'd still say the first
description would be more accurate.

wc