Re: [pct-l] The Bear Story

I have no idea if the emergency order is in effect, has been made permanent
or has expired. I do know the backpacker responsible for the order was
cited {Quoting from the text of the order -- "the other [backpacker] had
his food in his pack, improperly stored, he was cited"} He was obviously
cited based on an action that took place before the emergency order was
made so I think it is fair to conclude that this method of storing food is
illegial, then and now. While the order doesn't say so, the post from the
Fresno paper indicates that this "food in his pack, improperly stored" was
sleeping with his food.

I will try to get an "official" statement from SEKI but I suspect that I
will have as much luck as Brick.