Re: [pct-l] Lightweight Packs

At 10:47 AM 8/31/98 -0700, Tom Reynolds wrote:

In your original post you said:

"In California one must carry a bear canister."

This implies some sort of regulation or rule in California. AFAIK there are NO legitimate rules requiring the use of Bear Canisters in California. (There is some dispute about the interpretain of the way a particular forest order applies to Onion Valley which I have tried to sort out, but the Inyo National Forest refuses to answer me.)

Other than that, your statement shoud be: "I think you should cary a bear canister in a few sections of the Sierra Nevada if you want to keep your food safe from bears" not "In California one must carry a bear canister."