Re: [pct-l] Lightweight Packs

What I should have said is something like "Along the PCT between Kennedy
Meadows and Sonora Pass, and the access trails that most PCT/JMT hikers use
for food replenishment, certain areas have high bear activity and the risk
of losing food is high. In these high risk areas counterbalancing doesn't
work most of the time and certainly won't work if you do it improperly. If
you lose your food, are not using a bear canister, and a Ranger happens
along you will probably be cited for improper food storage." Like that? I
suspect that the only way to clarify the legal situation its to fight the
citation in court. Probably we should take up a collection.