Re: [pct-l] re: AT length

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Ken Marlow wrote:

> Could be a matter of degree. I came across nearly the same reference (and I
> think it was in the ATC brochure) as the longest "marked" foot trail. The
> A.T. IS well-marked, but the PCT is marked along its route. Good question.

The exact wording, copyright 1998 by the ATC was:
"The Appalachian Trail-A Path to Discovery and Adventure"
The dream was to create a footpath of wonder and tranquility. The result
is the Appalachian Trail (A.T.), the world's longest foot trail and a path
to discovery and adventure for America's hikers.