Re: [pct-l] Stories

<snip> >Never camp on a road, no matter how remote you think it is.
<snip> >planned to break camp at first light, we were tempted to roll out
>our bags on the side of the road <snip> Before first light we awoke to the
>sound of several LARGE logging >trucks speeding down the road.

hi, I'll de-lurk here for this one, I wish it'd been for another reason
tho'...
in the late 70s-early 80s my friend dan was run over by a vehicle, not a
logging truck, near santa barbara as he & kathy slept along side a road,
just like in your story they were tired & decided to stop... he is paralyzed
& now lives in a wheel chair... imo, heed this advice.
safe travel / will / the green ghost