[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #433

> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:58:31 CST
> From: "dAvId aLbErT." <V059@ACADEMIC.TRUMAN.EDU>
> Subject: [pct-l] homemade stoves
>
> While we are on the topic of stoves.  I have been interested for awhile
> in making my own homemade (can type) stove.  Does anybody currently on
> the list use a homemade stove?  Any opinions on it?  How did you make it
> exactly?  How much does it weigh?
>
> Sincerely, David.

From what I remember as a kid, "homemade (can type)" stoves are very simple to make.
Take a can.  Cut a long strip of cardboard to fit the height of the can.  Roll the
cardboard up tightly and put it inside the can.  Then pour melted paraffin over the
cardboard.  Cool.  Weight depends on the size of the can.  I remember using very small
cans, say tuna fish size.  The stove will burn relatively hot for a reasonable lenth
of time.  It makes a good emergency stove or single-use stove.

Marilyn