Re: [pct-l] Zip Stoves

Mike,
I have a zip stove and love it for some circumstances.  It is great when
he weather is calm and damp.  Spring and fall.  I won't be taking it on
the PCT this year because of the fire danger-from wind=blown sparks-the
fan really blows.  The other drawback is everything starts to smell like
soot.  And look like soot.  I have never kept track of how long the
battery lasts.  We used to use ours for car camping.  Now when we car
camp we eat chips and salsa and other no cook things.  The zip is a great
idea in theory but in practice it has problems.

Hope this helps,
Beth