Re: [pct-l] boots

ken, I too had poor ankles before our trip last year. I chose the Vasque clarion
mostly on their fit.  These boots served Joy and me very well.  I turned my
ankle a number of times during the first 2 months, after that  hardly had any
trouble.  BTW I haad so severely ruined my left ankle that in '91 I had to have
surgery to correct the "drop", a result of all the torn ligaments.  my ankles
really did strengthen during the trip... or else I finally learned to walk.
Bob

Bob Turner,Coordinator, ALDHA-West
American Long Distance Hiking Association-West
http://www.gorp.com/nonprof/aldhaw
http://www.nidlink.com/~bturner
Hikers supporting hikers!