[pct-l] non-PCT talk

Chai Guy,
 Thanks for including the link to the news story on Alito-- a nice ending to
this discourse. I think we simply disagree on what is relevant for this
list. True, not all topics that are brought up here seem relevant to actual
hiking and learning how to accomplish a successful thru-hike. I have learned
an awful lot from people on this list about all matters regarding the PCT,
some of which might seem off-topic but, on closer examination, are very
relevant to the future of this trail. I haven't even embarked on the trail
yet and here I've fallen in love with it-- so much to begin considering its
future. To me, this involves many branches of  conservation, politics and
scientific study. After I return in October, I hope to get involved with
trail conservation beyond my PCTA membership and making matching donations
for trail maintenance.
 Respectfully.... hike on!!