[pct-l] Question - Cookless on the Trail

We spent three weeks this summer going cookless. We did have to option of
restocking fairly often because we were never too far from stores.

We found that bread and cheese, dried fruit, and breakfast cereal with
powdered milk in individual baggies, and some trail mix and nuts worked
fine.

Of course, we bought about $35 worth of gourmet cheeses of all kinds to
supplement the bread.

There were some things I liked about it we adjusted pretty easily but I
can't see it working for thru-hiking.

The people who make Emergen-C also make a coffee flavor, if you can stand to
drink bitter, cold coffee. I haven't looked for it for awhile but I used to
mix it into my hot coffee. Your spoon will stand up in it.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com