[pct-l] Question - Cookless on the Trail

On a section hike in the southern sierra this september I didn't take a
stove.  I didn't miss it.  I am a coffee addict and I had a headache for
a couple days, but that was it.  In June I got wet going over Packwood
Glacier - wind and rain - and was glad to set up dinner in the middle of
the trail under one of the first trees on the south side at 11AM  and
chow down a hot pot of mashed potatos.  I was cold, cold, cold.  That
said, when I hike alone, I'll leave the stove at home.

Jeff Olson
Martin, SD