[pct-l] Snow in Mammoth

I was in Mammoth this Memorial Day weekend and last
Memorial Day weekend.  Last year, it was the last
weekend to ski.  This year, there is expected to be
one more month of skiing.  Closing is planned for July
4.  Last year, the highway down to Devils Post Pile
was closed only because of the skiing.  The resort had
maintained a thin strip of snow across the road, but
the road was really clear except for the strip.  This
year, the road is covered with lots of snow.
There are patches of show in the woods as low as 7500
feet.  At 8000 feet, the snow covers everything, and
at 9000 feet and above the snow is deep.
Last year, I walked through Donahue pass in early July
and encountered snow only near the top of the pass.
Looking over to Donahue pass this weekend from
Mammoth, I would not want to try to walk anywhere near
the pass in June or in early July.
Anyone attempting early July crosses of High Sierra
passes this year better be prepared for deep snow.
As for me, I am going to wait until August.
Sabina