[pct-l] enlighten me

i am looking for  opinions from the experts, and this is the place where i
feel i will get the best feedback. which section in california do you consider
to be the easiest? i would like to go for 2 weeks in july, but i don't want to
get in over my head, being that i am a novice. i am based in so cal, but am
willing to start from pretty much anywhere in the state. the goal of this trip
is gaining trail experience, taking small steps to build my confidence and not
get overwhelmed. can you guys give me some suggestions for a good beginners
route? thanks in advance for your help.