[pct-l] SOBO/flip flop ice axe in WA ???

Cypress,
and others, too!

There is currently under 5 inches of snow pack at Harts pass.
I contacted some people at the NPS and NFS  in Washington and asked
them the same question.  The response is pretty much that Washington
is about 6 weeks early on snow melt, which in any other year, doesn't
start til July.  But there is rain coming down, which is melting the
snow.  They recommended not only carrying, but knowing how to use an
ice ax in for some parts of Northern Washington.

Others might recommend differently.  I would assume that it depends on
your confidence in [possible] snow travel.  Keep an eye on the snow
pack levels. IN Washington.  They should offer some insight over the
next two- three weeks.

I have also posed a bunch of other questions for that area during this
time of year and I will report to the list when I receive answers from
the agencies.  It seems that there isn't quite as much PCT information
about Washington and Oregon in June and early July as there is for
these areas in August and September.

Hope this Helps.