[pct-l] Umbrella and Holder Update

My new recommendation for an umbrella is the GoLite Chrome Dome.  I must
admit I have not used it in intense sun on the trail, but it seems just fine.

One benefit of using the Chrome Dome is that the handsfree umbrella holder
design for it is extremely simple.  You do not have to cut the handle section
off or make any modifications to the umbrella.  Very nice.

Here is the holder design:
1.  Buy a foam pipe installation tube at the hardware store.  Try to get the
light gray type with the smallest hole.
2.  Cut the foam the length from the umbrella hand grip to the extended
umbrella slider.
3.  The foam tube has a slit down one side for placing over a pipe.  Just
pull this apart and put over the umbrella shaft.  I then use some Velcro straps
around the tube to make the foam tube a little more secure around the shaft.
4.  Attach to the pack shoulder strap with Velcro straps to make the umbrella
about vertical to the ground and about at hair line level when extended.
5.  I find that if I also Velcro the hand loop attached to the umbrella
handle, it makes the umbrella a little more vertical.
6.  Also, the foam tube and the umbrella hand grip keep the umbrella from
flying out of the holder if the wind picks up.  Very nice.

This is a very simple holder that you can make in about 5 minutes and weighs
1.25 ounces with all the Velcro straps.  The umbrella weighs 10 ounces.
Again, I have not banged along the trail with it, but I expect no problems.

Your hiking buddy, Switchabck