[pct-l] Rescue on Section O

Two ultrarunners from Redding were rescued near Grizzly Peak LO on their
poorly planned run going west to east on Section O from I-5 to Burney
yesterday. They should have read my update I posted here recently based upon
my trip west on the PCT from Burney Falls. There's a 30 mile section of deep
snow from Grizzly Peak to Peavine creek. They were rescued on Grizzly Peak
by the Shasta County Sheriff's department in good condition. This trip began
during an impending storm with heavy rains. Plan your trips wisely and make
wise choices in difficult situations. These two, well I'll leave it to the
chorus.....Bigfoot wasn't mentioned in the rescue..

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2005/0518/local/stories/09local.htm
http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=3358370