[pct-l] Does your honey hike too?

Unfortunately my husband had never hiked when we met and he now has too many physical problems to be able to walk much more than two miles. Both knees replaced, one hip replaced and deterioration of the spine (he's lost 4 inches in height) keeps him in the role of my support system and my favorite trail angel.

Why do more women not hike? I'm not sure but almost without exception every woman who knows I hike alone is terrified for me. They are convinced that animals and other hikers are a very real danger and cannot imagine backpacking alone. My husband does worry a bit and it's for him that I'm always trying to find a partner.

JoAnn