[pct-l] re: naming your gear

Alas, none of my gear is named. I do have a warm place
in my heart for my cookpot. Have used it since 1999.
Cost me $4 at some XYXMart (Walmart? K-mart? I
forget). It is banged up, is very blackened on the
bottom and weighs just over 4 oz. It sits on my pot
stand that is equally as old: a bent coat-hanger.

Has been with me from the gentle hills (and not so
gentle trails) of VT on the Long Trail, held Mac n'
Cheese in the Sierra and the Cascades and has held hot
water for tea on the divide in Colorado. Ah yes..many
memories associated with this cook pot.

Perhaps it is time I named this cook pot? People have
told me it is time to replace this cook pot. I say:
PLTTTTHH!

(My day pack also gets similar comments. Many layers
of grime on it by now. How can I replace it? :D)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com