[pct-l] Eagle Creek/Benson Plateau/PCT Loops

I was at 4000 feet--North Lake--in the Mt. Hood National Forest this weekend
and didn't have a problem with snow.  There was a couple of inches but
nothing that would stop you--I forgot gaiters and was in trail shoes.  It
was so warm on the south slope at North Lake I was forced to take a nap.

Any slick conditions makes the cut off hard for the Eagle Benson loop--I
would stick with the very scenic route of going up the PCT (or Ruckel Creek
for a direct loop from point to point or Herman Creek for a longer loop but
with moderate evaluation again across the board)  to Whatum Lake and down
Eagle Creek which is easier on the knees.

Being near record highs today should melt out lots of the snow if you are
going up there this weekend.  We are on most of these trails or skiing if we
can up on Mt. Hood National Forest every weekend or more so if you want more
info. . . .

David Spangler