[pct-l] Flying from Vancouver to So. Cal

I've crossed the border by car once each way and bus once each way.  In
addition to aircraft, you can take Amtrak or Greyhound (my choice) from
Vancouver BC to Seattle. Amtrak and Greyhound share a station in VBC, but
the bus from Manning Park Lodge gets there too late to catch either, forcing
you to stay overnight. Also, the station closes about 1 am and everyone is
forced out until it re-opens in the morning. There was a listing of hotels
in the station, and many of these will shuttle you if you stay with them.

Leaving a country doesn't involve customs inspection - only entering it. US
Customs can be a rather nasty and snotty bunch of people; depends on who you
get. Canadian customs are polite but professional. If you have bear spray
with you, you'd better declare it and it had better be CounterAssault - it's
the only one they allowed in 2000. Note that my 2 experiences were BEFORE
9/11. I'm sure everything has changed drastically since then.

Wandering Bob