[pct-l] Flying from Vancouver to So. Cal

Yo Listers:
     Hoping some one out there has done this and can tell me about it.  I found where the guides, yogi's book, etc. all recommend taking a bus or train to Seattle and flying
from there.  However, I noticed while researching ticket prices it is only about 10 dollars cheaper from Seattle to Ontario, CA than from Vancouver to Ontario.  I was wondering if it is hard to get through Canadian Customs at the Vancouver airport.  If so, I can see why it might be better to take the bus to Seattle.  If it isn't difficult, it seems much easier to fly straight from Vancouver to Ontario.  I will have a Drivers License and my Birth Certificate with me, not a passport.  Any one have any experiences to share?  Thanks.  Eric Yakel