[pct-l] 10 Days of Food in a bear can

Who me??
I was making coment on the previous person's email.
I was lucky to get in 6.

Here's one for packing them in there:
At Tuolumne a real good friend had her canister full except one item, a
loaf of white bread, the light fluffy kind. She placed the end of the loaf
in the one inch of space left then put all of her weight on it.  She got
the whole loaf in that one inch space.

I'm 2 lbs a day or always hungry.
I'm a pig.
I also ate more off the trail than anyone I know of.
I couldn't wait for Cajone Pass's Mc D's,  Tahoe's AYCE buffets, or the big
one, Seiad Valley's Pancake Challenge (just one pancake short of finishing).
I'm like the guy in Walk in the Woods who throws out his gear so he can
carry more food.
I've obsessively reduced my base weight so I can carry more food
................ well maybe not that far, but
My Hiker Hunger from last year hasn't stopped yet.

In this last hour I just put together the copyright package for my roughs
of a song called
"Hiker Hunger (without the hike)" ©Monty Tam 2/11/2005 (ASCAP).

You're doing amazing at 1.25 lbs per day with hiker hunger.

Warner Springs Monty