From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
MedusaJ@aol.com
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 8:34 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] --and now water!

I just signed up for the list a couple of weeks ago--must have just missed
it.  So to recap:  each person needs 8L of carrying capacity?  At least for
section A?

If you happen to know specifically when you asked the question I can check
the archives...

Also, I wondered if anyone had any clarification about the etiquette
regarding water caches.  I know they're essential to everyone on the PCT,
and
obviously it's not cool to drink the last two gallons of water when you know
other
people are coming behind.  The etiquette guidelines I've heard from other
PCT
thru-hikers are that you drink what you need, but you don't take any to
carry.
Is that the consensus?

(Am I stirring another hornet's nest with a controversial subject?)

Marzipan
AT04