[pct-l] location of pass?

PCT-oldtimers:

In the archives, I came upon one or two references to an alternate pass that
could be used if, in early season in a heavy snow year, the snow chute at
Forester Pass seemed "uncrossable."   I may be wrong, but I think the
informal name was "Ski Mountaineers Pass."  The implication was that, under
lots of snow, it would be a lower, easier and safer crossing than Forester,
but that the trail wasn't put there because the north side wouldn't be as
good for stable trail building in dry or normal conditions.  Something like
that.  To date, I have been unable to locate for sure where it is on a map,
but some picture - perhaps in an old ALDHA-West newsletter - led me to
believe it might be the pass to the ESE of Forester, between Forester and
Junction Peak.

Does anyone on the list, who perhaps has done winter mountaineering or
skiing in the area, have any more definite an idea of where this "early
season alternate  route" to Forester might be for sure?

Of course, the easy, quick answer is to say stay out of there in those
conditions, but I would like to be armed with that info, if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Dr. Bob