From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of The Mountain
Goat
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 2:17 PM
To: pct mailing list
Subject: Re: [pct-l] RE: What do use to carry your 2 gallons per day of
water

There seems to be a considerable difference in water usage. My MPQ was
closer to 10. I didn't really know how much to use for Walker Pass, so I
figured out it out as I went. Due note, that this does not include water you
would have for breakfast or Dinner. I figrued that on a cool day and 1000
feet per 10 miles, I used 1 quart per 10 miles. 1 Litter per 4 miles seems
high doesn't it? Or was it hot?

-Mountain Goat-

backpack45scb <rbalcorn@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for all the informative replies. Judson, I like the miles per
liter concept, but curious why you would drink less water in hot
conditions - 4 mpl, vs 3 mpl normally?
--
Ralph Alcorn